What to do at the Life Chain
Welcome! To be a link in the Life Chain, it's as simple as:
- Find the section location for your church in the table -- see "WHERE-TO-GO" in the menu. If it is not listed, please meet in front of the Melbourne Square Mall.
- Bring water, sunscreen, and a chair to sit in if you like.
- Please car-pool to the Life Chain, as parking is often limited along the route.
- Go to a table where the Pro-Life signs are handed out. The Life Chain committee will provide all the signs.
- Sign in on one of the clipboards (helps us in planning the 2022 Life Chain); all information is kept confidential!
- Pick up a Pro-Life sign to hold. The Life Chain committee will supply plenty of very effective Pro-Life signs.
- Grab a drink of water, if available, as Life Chain Sunday temperatures are often in the mid- to upper- 80s!
- Spread out 20 feet apart (social distancing!) along the north side of New Haven and Strawbridge Avenues. The better we cover the entire route, especially near major intersections, the more people will see our life-affirming messages!
- If you can, please walk to the east or west end of your section, to prevent gaps in the Life Chain. Standing near major intersections (Safely!) is very effective as this also promotes our Pro-Life message to north-south traffic.
- Stand, sit, or kneel, for one prayerful hour, and trust in God to use the Life Chain to increase respect for human life, from conception to natural death, in our community.
What not to do at the Life Chain
- Please do not respond to hecklers, except with smiles and prayers.
- Please do not politicize the Life Chain; we are there to support unborn babies, not parties nor candidates. (Though feel free to block the view of any campaign signs for pro-abortion candidates!)
- Please do not stand in intersections, entrances, or construction areas.
- Please do not park in tow-away zones.
- Please do not stand in the median nor on the south side of the street.
- Please do not "bunch up", but instead try to stand at least 20 feet apart so you can fill in your entire section (social distancing and more!), from east to west, especially in locations visible from major cross streets. See "WHERE-TO-GO" in the main menu for section locations. We do not want anyone to miss our Pro-Life message due to gaps in the Life Chain!
- Please do not bring your own signs, unless the message is the same as, or similar to, the list on the HOME page. Graphic images of aborted babies have their place. But in the interest of safety on a busy street, we ask that the Life Chain consist only of signs with simple 3- or 4- word Pro-Life statements.